Thursday, March 08, 2007

Being aware

I love Blueprint magazine! To the end of the 3rd issue (March/April) there is an article/list titled 100 Reasons why you should get rid of it... IT being stuff, clutter, junk.... even debt. It got me thinking. A lot of us really desire to have things. I'm working on changing this attitude on myself. I don't need all the things that I have and still wish I had some more stuff. That is not right.

When you start spoiling yourself and getting stuff by using money that you don't have (aka credit cards), it's time to do something about it. I am taking control. It's not easy, but I realized and understood that the change is going to make me a better person. I will get rid (sell, donate, toss) of things that I don't use... I need to do it. My credit cards are out of my wallet. No more window shopping carrying credit cards. If I don't have the money I can't buy anything, thus helping me control the amount of stuff I already own and also my debt.

Growing up is tough... I'm just happy I can realize this things and take control of my life now.

No comments: