Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thrifting

I visited this new (at least for me) blog (and of course SouleMama's) that discusses thrifting and the philosophy behind it. I like the idea of finding treasures at really good prices... so I went to my local Goodwill. To my surprise I found an assortment of Target furniture marked down... way down. I got this beautiful side table and get this...




I payed 80% less than the original price right now ($150) at Target!!! Go Me!!!

I also got a set of 4 glasses (for $4)... each of them has a dancing couple (after some research I think they are square dancing)and 2 lines of what to me looks like a cowboy song. I don't have a picture but I'm trying to find more information about them. I didn't see any marks or brand, so I'll keep looking.

I found a cross stitch kit of some kitties playing with red yarn balls and the words "You're among friends" ($1).




The kit is from the "Learn a Craft" Collection of Dimensions Inc. and is designed by Daniel Gorman (you can really find anything at eBay, even this kind of information).

You can't go wrong with this prices. And so I started thrifting... I'm sure there'll be more to come.

No comments: