Saturday, August 18, 2007

Regrouping

Hello to those who might read this. I've been everywhere doing not much really, so you would think I would have time to blog. I just was in one of those moods where you have a lot in your mind (good for blogging) but not wanting to do anything with it (bad for blogging and all creative endeavours). But I'm back. I've said this so many times before that I'm not sure how long this energy boost will last. I guess I just need to let it all out and not think too much about it. I really want to blog... I need to express myself... yeah, I should do it... I'm sure it's going to help me a lot.

This summer has been an eventful one. Let me start just by saying that the hubster and I are first time homeowners and we love it!!! We have an amazing, almost 100 years old beautiful house that we adore. Of course it needs some lovin' but we love it all the same. Here it is!!!


5 days after moving to the house we took a little 3 weeks long vacation to Puerto Rico. We had a wonderful time with our family. But by the end of the trip we were missing our comfy bed a lot and we also wanted to go home and enjoy our house for a while. I miss my family already. You can't win when you are so comfortable where you live but at the same time your family is so far away.

I have a new job too. I'm very excited about trying something else other than science. Don't take me wrong, I still love science... however, it is not the right career for me right now. So you ask what are you doing now? Well, I'm giving banking a try. I've only heard good things about the bank (that's always good), so I'm looking forward to starting (Aug. 27 is first day of training).

After moving day (let's make that moving weeks) I haven't done much in the crafting front. Only a couple stitches here and there that don't account for much. But I have too many WIPS; I really want to take care of those before starting anything else. I need to take pictures to show here and to put in Ravelry (which by the way it's AMAZING!!!).

I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I feel JK Rowling gave us some closure but I'm sad it had to end. It is such a good series. I think she took the safe road (in terms of the story events) but at the same time I'm still amazed by the fact that she put it all together so well. It reads so smoothly and flows very well. Overall, awesome ending to the series.

That's it for now... I hope to be back with some pictures. See ya soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a job! I will stay with my boss as lab manager for a while given the fact that Ithaca didn't work out. Writing and working...cn't wait to ONLY work...Love ya!