Sunday, July 30, 2006

As if I need a new hobby!

The hubster got me this brand-spanking-new sewing machine. We went to Jo-Ann and passed by the Husqvarna Viking area. I did the droopy eyes thing and the hubster told me to ask about the machines... one of the employees recommended the Huskystar E20 and she convinced me (and apparently the hubster too... he's all about encouraging me to do the things that he knows make me happy. So yesterday, I tried the machine and
it works smoothly... I don't know much about sewing (meaning this is the first time I use a sewing machine and I don't know how to hand sew) so I just tried the different stitches. Up to now I have an inclination for quilts... so that's what I'm going to try first. Today I got some of the things that I need for my new hobby. I don't have much time to dedicate to it right now (Qualifying Exam is coming fast!!!) but I'll try to put some time into it.

As you probably already know, Smileys is selling Cotton-Ease for $1.99. While some people is paying 4 times that price and more at eBay, I went crazy at Smileys and got $40-something worth of yarn and I feel good. $40 equals 20 skeins... that was too good to let pass.




So... I got 10 skeins of Cherry Red for Central Park Hoodie by Heather Lodinsky...









5 skeins of Pineapple for Molly Ringwald by Michele Rose Orne...









and 6 skeins of Candy Blue for Camisa by Kay Cole.









Hopefully, I'll have enough yarn. All patterns are from Knitscene, Fall Issue 2006. The hubster helped me with the colors... so blame him. =) This is very tentative... I can always find new projects for this yarn. What do you think? You should know I appreciate your input. That's good for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray on your new hobby!

And I think your choices will be nice - I especially like the Central Park hoodie - that will look great in red!

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog!! How did you get all the unique stuff. My blog is pretty boring, but I am too lazy to change again!! :)

PS OMG you got a great deal on that yarn!! I'm jeaous!!

Anonymous said...

Great line up of projects! I just bought the terry yarn.

Anonymous said...

I just bought yarn for the Central Park Hoodie for my daughter - it will look great in red!