Sunday, July 16, 2006

Slowly but surely...

Never discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
~Plato (I like this guy!)

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
~Confucius


I'm working on this top (my first wearable, mind you). This is the Sleeveless Leaf Top from KnitSimple (spring/summer 2006). I think, no no, I know I'm gonna leave out the flowers or roses or whatever they are. I think it would look nice just with the leaf motif. I just don't fancy them. What do you think? Would you go for the flowers? Help me with this one.


So, this is what I have so far. I started with the back and I'm a good 6" into it. I was tempted to rip it and start again because as you may notice the ribbing doesn't have an even tension. But I decided against it. I'll finish it and learn from it. I'm using TLC Cotton Plus in Spruce, although the pattern calls for Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. Not my favorite yarn for this project... a little too much like Sugar'n Cream I would say. I like TLC's softness and drape, though... we'll see how it looks as a finish product and on a real body.

Let me know what you think?! (**Images are clickable!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMO~I would go without the flowers/leaves, simple can be so elegant especially a lovely sweater like this and the color you chose is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The sweater is gorgeous (with or without the flowers).

I like the TLC Cotton Plus alot, although it cane be a bit heavy, it washes and drys absolutely beautifully-no pilling, no fading, no shrinkage-looks just like new after the wash, now can ya say that for Handicrafter??

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree - keep out the flowers. I love the color you chose!