Thursday, October 19, 2006

Going over last weekend stuff

I know it's Thursday... but I want to tell you about the nice weekend I had.

First, on Saturday we went to the theater. I love going to the theater and we decided for the second time to buy season tickets for the Rochester Broadway Theater League (RBTL). They bring 5 Broadway shows to Rochester every season. We went last season and it was fantastic! We got to see My Fair Lady, Peter Pan, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Coat, Dame Edna, and Lion King. Fabulous shows! Sooo, the first show of this season was Beauty and the Beast. I've seen the movie many times... but when I saw the musical, I realized that story and songs are so beautiful and touching. We had a great time.

Then, on Sunday we went apple picking for the first time! It was so much fun... once you start you can't stop (although it was cold), you pick more that you'll ever need or want to eat. And then, there were raspberries... red and yellow. Yum!!! After picking so many apples... of course, I had to bake an apple-yellow raspberry pie for the first time, too! Let me tell you, it was good! I kind of made it up as I went... didn't follow a recipe for it. The hubster was a happy camper.

And that was it... we had FUN!

Fast forward to next weekend - Maybe... maybe... I'll go to Rhinebeck. I have to talk to the hubster. It's a 4 hour trip (each way)from here. We wanted to get a hotel room there but it was quite difficult, everything was booked. We'll see if we can make it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have been having so awesome off time together, haven't you?