Sunday, October 01, 2006

Birthday Surprise

Last Saturday was my 24th Birthday. I knew the hubster was taking me somewhere but I didn't know where, for what, or any other details. The day came and what a surprise! He took me to Winderwood Farm (**the link is for their eBay store) and... and... and... bought me a wheel!

THIS WHEEL!!!


She's a Kromski Mazurca. I saw her and instantaneously fell in love. She came with 3 bobbins, a beautiful arched lazy kate, and a pound of white wool. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic. He knows how to spoil me.

After getting the wheel, we stopped by Widmer Winery and did some wine tasting and wine buying. It was my first time going to a winery and had a blast.

Also, I had dinner with the hubster, and my friends, Y and S. It was a great day!!!

In the knitting front...
I'll be participating on the Fiber Freaks KAL and will make the gorgeous Brea Bag. I'll use Araucania Nature Wool - Color 46. It's a beautiful blue color. Hopefully, I'll start it tomorrow... after I try my new wheel that is.

5 comments:

Marvie said...

Gorgeous wheel! Lucky you =)

Unknown said...

omg how gorgeous!!!!!!!!! congrats!

Anonymous said...

What a really cool gift! Wow that guy knows how to spoil a girl who likes her wool. :) Happy Belated!

Viva Langstraat said...

I knew I had missed something!!!!!
I told Brian, that's the boy, and he told me I was crazy. Now I can prove I was not!
Happy cumpleaƱos!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

Kudos to the hubby for feeding your fiber addiction the past month in amazing ways!