Friday, October 20, 2006

I don't want to brag...

...but the hubster came home the other day with 2 skeins of yarn for me. And no, I didn't ask him to, it was a surprise. I don't know what I did to deserve him... but I'm sure I'm keeping him! He's the best!

Today I understood why it's so important to know how to drive. I take the bus to go to work (when my friend Y can't take me)... this is not a problem. The thing is it was raining cats and dogs and kittens and puppies. And to top it off, it was cold. If I knew how to drive, most probable I had a car and didn't have to wait for the bus. At least I'm on the right track... I've been practicing a lot with the hubster. Soon, I'll be ready to take the test. I'm scared!

The Brea bag is coming along. I'm working on the gusset now and it's taking forever. I knit and knit and nothing happens... I still have a few more inches to go. Pics coming soon!

When I'm done with the bag I'll retake the Sleeveless Leaf Top from KnitSimple. I'm almost done with the back, by the way.

I got the IK Holiday Gifts... and there are a few things I want to make from it. Specially, these...

Some of them it's just me and my wishful thinking... evidence A: the afghan... 19 skeins of Karabella Aurora Bulky. I just can't afford it at $8.50 the skein (approx. $162... yikes!), but it's gorgeous. Evidence B: Twilight Lace Wrap... the white number. I don't think I'm ready for lace, yet. The rest, I think I can make in this lifetime... we'll see. I love those pears...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't want to brag, but think you will anyway *wink*-you better be looking for something super special for his for Christmas!

Eliany said...

I know!!! Although, I don't tell here, but I spoil him too!

Tandi said...

What a thoughtful gift!
I was just looking at that book at the bookstore last week. All of those projects look so cool.